Annapolis Mold Removal
Fully Trained & Certified Professionals
Maryland Mold and Waterproofing provides mold removal in Annapolis and surrounding communities by a team with extensive experience. You can count on us to remove mold and decontaminate your home for better indoor air quality and a healthier home safely and efficiently.
If you suspect you have a mold problem, call (410) 376-5550 for an inspection and a free estimate for mold removal.
Problems Caused by Mold
Mold growth affects indoor air quality, presents challenges to people with respiratory allergies and certain health conditions, and may cause structural damage. The presence of mold in the home is most likely to cause problems for people with allergies, asthma, and respiratory conditions. Mold allergies are relatively common and cause a variety of uncomfortable symptoms.
When mold is present, family members may suffer symptoms, such as:
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose and sneezing
- Wheezing and trouble breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest
- Sore throat
- A dry cough
- Skin rashes
- Dry skin
While there are medications that people with allergies and asthma can take to help with these symptoms, the best solution is to resolve the mold problem, the second you notice it. Mold remediation is a big job that requires a team with the right training and equipment to safely remove mold from your home. We have many years of experience, and we are ready to keep your home safe from mold and the associated damage.
Signs of a Mold Problem
Some homeowners discover they have a mold problem when they see growth somewhere in the living area or the basement. However, by the time the mold is visible, the problem is extensive. So, look for other signs that indicate you may have a mold problem in your home.
Signs of a mold problem include:
- Allergy symptoms
- Frequent headaches
- A musty or damp odor
- An ongoing moisture problem
- Prior flooding or water damage
A mold problem should never be ignored. Mold grows quickly and the problem will only get bigger and more complicated to solve. If you notice the signs of a mold problem, it is best to contact a professional as soon as possible. We offer prompt service for mold removal in Annapolis to eliminate the mold and restore the safety and comfort of your home.
What Is Mold Remediation?
Although mold removal and mold remediation are often used interchangeably, it's important to discuss the difference between removal and remediation. Because mold spores are microscopic and exist everywhere, it's impossible to completely remove mold from an environment. That is why we often refer to the removal process as mold remediation, which is a more accurate description of what we do.
Mold remediation is the process of getting the levels of mold spores back to a natural level as well as discovering the cause of the mold outbreak and preventing it from occurring again.
Mold remediation is a multi-step process that involves the following:
- Inspection: First we will thoroughly inspect your property to detect visible signs of mold. In order to determine the best way to stop the outbreak and prevent it from happening again, we will take air samples to measure the levels of spores as well as determine which type of mold you're dealing with.
- Containment: To prevent mold from spreading to other areas of your property, it's important that we contain the mold to the area it's currently in. We do this by shutting off all fans and systems that circulate air in your home, as the spores can travel through the air. Physical barriers are also implemented to keep the mold in its current location.
- Filtration: Once the mold infestation is contained, we will then resort to filtering the spores out of your air. First, we use air filters to rid your property of active spores and prevent them from developing into fungi. If the mold infestation is extensive, we will also vacuum up spores that have settled onto any surfaces.
- Clean up: Next, we use a combination of anti-fungal and anti-microbial treatments to clean the colonies of mold. If the mold has grown into any porous material, such as wood or walls, we will have to remove and replace it.
- Sanitation: Once, we've finished the remediation process, we will sanitize your property using fogging machines to deodorize the air as well as your belongings.
Expert Mold Remediation
Mold remediation is not a job for an inexperienced person. Proper precautions must be taken to remove mold safely and ensure that the problem is truly eliminated and the levels are returned to normal. Our technicians are fully trained, certified, and experienced with mold remediation. You can rest assured that we are equipped to get the job done right and make sure your mold problem is completely resolved.
A common concern among homeowners is the cost of mold removal. The cost varies, depending on the size of the home and the extent of the mold problem, but we are committed to offering honest and fair prices. We can inspect your home to assess the problem and provide a free estimate for mold remediation, so there are no surprises.
Give us a call today at (410) 376-5550 to request an estimate for mold removal.
It's been a rare treat to work with such a professional group of people!- Satisfied Customer
Fair. Professional. Done Right.- Mitch
Great Solutions- Jeff M.
Highly Recommend!- Kafi
Very Satisfied- Karen S.
Licensed & Insured
You can rest assured that our professionals are skilled and qualified to handle your waterproofing or restoration project.
Warranties & Guarantees
Our high standard of quality ensures a healthy basement with a Nationally Backed Warranty.
A Locally Owned Business
We take pride in our quality work & provide a customer first approach to service. We're here when you need us!